Monday, July 13, 2015

Making the Swift Nest Boxes.

Next, I started to construct the boxes.

Here are the first four.

 
* * * * *
However, instead of making the next four boxes, I decided to limit myself to six boxes. This would allow me to use the material for the false fronts, roofs & one side & save me having to buy another full board of Marine Ply. 
* * * * *

Here are the six boxes, now made up to include the false front & top.

 
* * * * *

In this photo you can see that the wood from the spare two boxes, has now been cut up for the false, top, front & one side, plus spacers.

* * * * *

 As well as screws & pins I used strong glue to fix the false fronts.

* * * * * 

Likewise for the false roofs. 

* * * * *

... & false ends. 

* * * * *

False roof & side in place. 

* * * * *

... & false front. 

* * * * *



No comments:

Post a Comment