Monday, July 30, 2018

You don't need to live in a town to put up nest boxes for Swifts!

Those who think you have to live in a town to be able to encourage Swifts to nest, by putting up Nest Boxes, might like to check out my rural location.

* * * * *

#1 From my roof looking West!

* * * * *

#2 From my roof looking North!

* * * * *

#3 From my roof looking East!

* * * * *

#4 From my roof looking South!

This is the view my young Swifts had from their nest box, as they were preparing to take their first flight.

* * * * * 

You will see from this photo that there are two stables directly in front of my Swift Nest Boxes.
However, to the right you will note that they have an escape route, right down to ground level, with our one acre paddock & wildlife garden beyond. 

The nearest town is five miles to the North, which is the direction my Swifts flew in, most times they left our garden, so I assume they spent a lot of their time hawking insects with the town Swifts there.

* * * * *

360 degree Video footage!


* * * * * 





No comments:

Post a Comment